Well, this week there seemed to be a lot of drama within the UTOP crew. One of my highs was my newest friend. I've gotten close to a lot of people, but I am getting really close with someone. It seems like it is going to be a pretty good relationship throughout the entire UTOP program. It's fun to watch people already start to couple up and you can tell you has already become really close. The low of this week was everything that went down on Wednesday night. The person responsible is really trying hard to ruin everyone else's time or just get copious amounts of attention from it. No names, no details, no info. That's about it for the week. Hopefully all this madness dies down this week so I can enjoy my time and not have to fear dying because of people's stupid decisions.
Okay, so first week of college life is pretty okay. All these papers are getting to me though. I am still not use to the workload and the pace of the classes, but I am getting use to buckling down and getting stuff down in a timely manner. Nothing has really surprised me because I'm use to being off and responsible for myself.
What I have learned in Chemistry:
I have reviewed everything that I learned in high school. It seems like it is the first week of high school all over again with the teacher being extra nice and not giving out homework. We are going over a lot of high school chemistry and we have a test on Monday. The calculations seem to be a little bit harder than high school, but the material is the same. I know that after this test the work is going to pick up and everything is finally going to be on "college" level.
What I have learned in English:
I have learned that a draft in high school is SO much different that college. I'm really not use to writing this much throughout the week. The amount of writing I have done in the first week is equivalent to an entire month of high school. I am still getting used to it. When all is said and done it is a really cool and beneficial class.
What is A Friend?
A friend is loyal,
A shoulder to cry on,
A friend to lean,
Someone to rely on.
An amigo,
The person closest to your heart.
A new or old,
Here or there,
Silver or gold.
Someone you can talk to,
Share secrets,
Confide in,
They won't leak it.
A friend is loyal,
A friend is bold,
A friend is someone
Whose company never gets old
A person who's there
When no one else will.
They will be helping you
Up life's hill.
DRAMA! Well, I guess there's drama everywhere you go, and I wish I could tell you that people grow out of it, but they don't. So what's important is how we carry ourselves through it -- or, better yet, around it. (: Sounds like you're adjusting to the workload. Onward!
ReplyDeleteKayln,
ReplyDeletei chose this post because i love your poem. I find that you are a good friend. (lol..its looks like you got a little nostalgic about girl scouts though with the "silver & gold") I am sorry that you had to esperience drama ( i dont know where im at when it goes down..i wont to be nosey every once in awhile too :P ) However,I hope that the drama has lessen and that you are having a good time.
Enjoy the rest of UTOP!!
I really like your poem. It seems like you know what it takes to be a good friend. UTOP is probably the most unique experience I have been a part of in my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Meeting a lot of new people in a short period of time, and all the crazy things that go on from day to day. I agree with you about the pace of the classes and it feels like we have a paper to write just about every night. It seems hectic, but we have to get used to it because this is college and things are going to get difficul at times.
ReplyDelete